The dark mode is a talk of the town these days. Almost every other application is trying to provide itself in dark mode. Browsing in dark mode has its own advantages. It is more comfortable to your eyes, it saves a lot of battery and it will also allow things on a site to stand out. In this article, we will learn about the Google Chrome dark mode.
You know there’s been a lot of Buzz lately about blue light being harmful to your eyes. Most of us are always on our devices and this might prove a little help for us.
Does Google Chrome have an inbuilt dark mode?
Well, the answer is no. Google Chrome does not have a different dark mode. To enable dark mode on your chrome browser you will need to apply some tweaks. This is necessary irrespective of the operating system you are using. It is the same for Android, iOS, PC, and Mac. Windows is no exception.
Google Chrome Dark mode
Each and every operating system that you are using we can do it in a certain way so that your Google Chrome browser appears in dark mode
Before doing that you should know that not every webpage may appear in dark mode, because some are not designed to do so.
How to enable Google Chrome dark theme on Android devices:
Let’s think about some of the tips.
- You will use a battery saver android device. Turn it on. This will make Google Chrome appear in a dark theme by default.
- You can also use the Beta function of your Chrome by typing and in “chrome: //flags/#enable-force-dark”.
- If you can please into the address bar an offender you redirected to a toggle bar which you can enable. Enable the toggle bar to Google Chrome will forcefully make most of the websites appear darker themes even if they were not designed to appear like that.
Do the following steps
- Step 1: Open Chrome on your device.
- #Step 2: On the top right corner you should type on the three dots.
- Step 3: Click on Settings in the dropdown menu.
- #Step 4: Now you should click on themes and in the theme drop-down menu select the dark theme.
Bonus: Now if you are already using battery saver and all your system settings are set to dark then you can just click on system default.
Enable night mode on Google Chrome for iOS:
Enabling dark mode on iOS is a little bit easier than that of Android because there are no specific tricks to be done. If your entire phone is in dark mode then Google Chrome will also appear in the dark mode in iOS.
Follow the below steps
- Go to Settings.
- Display and brightness.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section.
- Select dark mode.
Bonus: You can also long-press the brightness meter to open the toggle dark mode function from where you can switch it on or off.
Recommended: How to enable full screen mode on google chrome
How to enable dark mode for Mac and MacBook Air:
Just like Apple iPhone devices mac OS also has a system-wide dark mode. If you enable the system-wide dark mode Google Chrome will automatically be in dark mode.
- Open system preferences by right-clicking on the screen.
- Select the General in the system preferences screen.
- You will find an appearance function with both light and dark modes available. All you need to do is click on the dark. Every application on your Mac will turn to dark automatically.
How to enable dark mode/ night mode on Google Chrome for Windows 10:
To turn Google Chrome into dark mode on your Windows click on the link given below
This will turn your entire Windows and applications on Windows into dark mode.
Bonus: You can also use the same address bar tricks that you have used in your Android devices to return only Google Chrome into darker colors.
There are also several extensions that will help turn your Google Chrome into dark mode. Download these extensions and enable them to turn your device into dark mode. Some of the very good extensions that turn it into dark mode are:
- Dark reader
- #Dark night mode
- Dark mode
Many scientific experiments are proving the dark mode is one of the best modes to use, both for your eyes as well as the well-being of your battery. Set Google Chrome is one of the most used browsers in the world and most of us spend a lot of time using it. Dark mode will make the entire Google Chrome looks in dark colors such as Black and grey so that the harmful blue light will not damage your eyes.
Health is your main concern and let’s not underutilizes any opportunity that presents itself for the betterment of your health. This dark mode is one such opportunity. So, let’s use it to the fullest.