A VPN is a virtual private network. Several times in our lives we have had that internet is a dangerous place. How many of you have heard it? During the recent times, there has been a huge debate about online privacy and many discussions have been made on international televisions about once online personal privacy. Now if you ask someone who was up to date with the news, you may also know that big social media giants like Facebook and Twitter as well as Google how come under intense public scrutiny due to several lapses in their management of public privacy.
It’s not only about social media it also relates to sensitive data such as your bank transaction, your emails, images, and location history also. Human life these days is mostly directly or indirectly spent via the Internet. And as much as Technology has advanced the risk of one’s privacy has also gone hand in hand. Let’s face the facts, this time you might be sure that nobody in the world can wife of their digital footprint, one might feel better to know that there are ways with which you can minimize your online presence or mask your data or stop someone from tracking you. In this article, we will go through what is a VPN? How you should use it and why you should use it?.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is a virtual private network. The word Private in the abbreviation indicates that it has something to do with privacy. Yes, a VPN is an encrypted connection over the internet between a device and the network. In laymen terms, you can understand it as a medium that will allow you to connect to the internet via an encrypted connection, so that you can protect your sensitive data and your privacy from several entities that want to spy on you.
As most of you might know once device identity or privacy is always known on the internet by Internet Protocol address (IP address). An IP address is a numerical label that is dedicated to each device connected to a computer network that will use an internet protocol for connection. Ab IPL will act as an agent that will mask your IP address and in turn, give a virtual address of another device by protecting your reap IP and in turn your privacy.
Along with helping you to transmit your sensitive data safe, it will also prevent unauthorized people from eavesdropping on the traffic and also will love you too work remotely.Some of the best applications of VPN technology are used in the corporate sector. Click here to know about best VPN’s.
What does a VPN do?
Not only protecting your identity VPN will help you do a variety of jobs and some of them will be shared with you right away.
- Identity protection: VPN will protect your identity and makes you unable to track by masking your IP address and can also protect you from Data theft, unwanted surveillance, and commercial targeting.
- Secure online banking: The end-to-end encryption that is available in most of the VPNs will make sure that you will have a safe online banking experience every time.
- Make public Wi-Fi safe: If you are in a hurry and want to work at a bus station where public Wi-Fi is available, You can still go ahead and work as a VPN will make your public Wi-Fi safe by connecting you to a virtual network of your choice.
- Bypass censorship: If a movie anything for that matter is banned in your country and the government does not allow you to search the website. There is no problem, the VPN connection you can bypass geographical boundaries and watch anything anywhere.
- Shield yourself from scams: You can also see yourself from several scams and online fraud. By encrypting your data you are both avoiding my lover and remove your digital footprint so that you cannot be traced or identified by your IP address. This makes sure that you are always protected.
These are some of the main features and functions of a VPN. As mentioned earlier these are just the tip of an Iceberg. There are many things that can be done with the help of the VPN. There are several VPN services that are offered over the internet for monthly payment. You can choose any of them depending on your usage and availability in your area.
Recommended: How to enable night mode on reddit
Let’s look at one of the VPN services;
Express VPN is one of the most famous and fastest-growing VPN services in the world. It is absolutely fast, secure, and very much reliable. It is mostly used to play games because of its ability to stream games at HD and 4K resolutions.
Some of the features of Express VPN are:
- You can try it for free for up to 30 days.
- You can get unlimited and anonymous P2P/torrenting ability.
- It will surpass geo-restrictions and censorships across the globe and lets you watch any content from anywhere.
- Browse and download anonymously from anywhere in the world
- Highly secure and encrypted with servers in more than 90+ countries.
- No user logs stored or IP addresses leaked.
- support is available to all consumers for 365 days and 24 hours a day.
Why should you use a VPN?
With the help of a VPN you can make sure that nobody is tracking the website you are visiting, nor can they track your location using your IP address. You can even watch shows or sports events that are confined to a geographical area even after you move out of the geographical area. You can also make sure that no hacker will ever send or receive data from or to your devices even when you’re using a public Wi-Fi network. Most of all the bigger mess these days is that people were given targeted advertisements based on their search history. This will stop with the help of a VPN. VPN will also help you in protecting yourself from unwanted government surveillance and your internet service provider too.
Now let’s have some of the frequently asked questions about VPN services
Can we use free VPNs and are they effective?
Yes, there are a lot of people and companies out there that provide their services for free. It is sometimes for a trial period of time or sometimes forever with Limited features. You can still use them exactly according to their capacities to the fullest.
How many devices can connect to a VPN network?
Most of us have a bunch of devices in our homes. And would like to make every device safer by using a VPN network. VPN companies are providing us with plans that can increase/decrease the number of devices that connect to it. Depending on the number of devices you want to the price actually varies. In order for you to connect more devices, you can expect to pay more.
Is data encrypted over VPN?
Yes, all the data that passes through the VPN network is encrypted.
Checkout: How to Get Nextflix Free Subscription
How long can I use a VPN Service?
Actually there is no limit for using a VPN Service. You can use the service as long as you’re browsing or working over the internet. Only the free version needs frequent logins. But all the paid services provide you with an option to simultaneously browse 24/7 using the VPN Service.
I know we hope that you have understood what VPN is and how to use it. After looking at the advantages of a VPN one can say that not having a VPN may hurt you badly. It is always better to stay safe over the internet at least while making monetary transactions over public Wi-Fi.
VPN will always keep you safe from hackers and scammers. It also provides you relief from constant surveillance from the governments, if you are living at a place where there is no freedom on the internet. Thank you for going through the entire article we hope that has helped you.